Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Vacation day 4 - the coast

We made it to the beautiful coast!

Sunday night was great at the oxbow regional park. We got more raspberries from Burns farms on our way to see Emily's friend Heather. Heather and her husband run oblique coffee in Portland. The coffee is amazing, they roast it themselves. They were also nice enough to receive a package Amy overnighted for me that contained my medicine that I forgot. We enjoyed great coffee as we planned where to go next.

A couple hours later found us on fumes in Cannon beach at the only gas station in town at the RV park. We were so happy to see it. We continued down the coast expecting to camp at Camp outlook or lookout. But Rockaway beach caught our eye and Preston found us a room on the beach.

We took a walk on the beach then a walk to a great fish joint for Preston. The only gluten free food they had was calm chowder and Cole slaw. As milk isn't agreeing with me that much we just fed Preston. I did have a few spoonfuls of the chowder, it was incredible. The man at the restaurant directed me to upper crust pizza. He was so right, that was amazing gf pizza. I will come back to both places.

Back at our room we watched the waves and I knitted. We took another walk on the beach. Then I knitted until bedtime, watching the ocean. It did get colder but it was so amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a nice relaxing day! It was so fun to talk to you and I'm so glad you guys are having such a wonderful time and great adventures. This sounds so relaxing! What a view :) Knit on!

    ReplyDelete