I like about the weekends (which are Sundays and Mondays).
1. Wake up at the same time as my husband on Sunday morning and getting ready in tandem. It is so funny sometimes as I am a morning person and he is not at all. But he does like Sundays, he enjoys running the sound board at church and loves at the stress and confusion.
2. Meeting my parents and their best friends every Sunday after church at the local steakhouse. It is so much fun to go hang out and reconnect with them. Many of the people we got to church with are transplants and don't have the opportunity to see their parents as much as we do. We see it as a total blessing!
3. Sunday afternoon naps! Need I say more? I didn't think so.
4. Relaxing on Sunday nights with no pressure about the coming day, I can just focus on what is going on around me, whether it is knitting while Mr80grit is on the computer or knitting while watching a series on DVD that we both want to see, or going for a drive.
5. Monday mornings waking up when I want to and doing nothing. Or maybe reading, having breakfast and going back to bed.
6. Catching up on reading my extended list of blog favorites, I have a daily list but Monday's I check out several more.
7. Going to the library to pick up books that I have requested. I do my book requests online and most are ready for pick up on Monday.
8. Having lunch with my Mom at our favorite restaurant, we don't do this every week but any time we want to do something just the two of us. Mom worries about my health and that I don't wear myself out on my days off. Work is pretty stressful right now, so it makes sense.
9. Going to knit at my favorite LYS for a few hours. Which didn't quite happen yesterday as they were doing inventory, but the food was great so I pitch right in. It was a lot of fun, but I am sore in a few areas as it was a lot of different movement than I do in my normal job.
10. Running errands with Mr80grit in the afternoon, as I usually work late on my work days. So it is fun to hang out and do different things.