Monday, August 29, 2011

Saturday's Adventure

As Saturday was incredibly beautiful but also quite hot.  A drive with a hike in the mountains was call for.  So hubby and I headed up to Millcreek Canyon where the temperatures at the top were a good 20 degrees cooler.  It was very pretty but I wore the wrong shoes and paid for it with a blister on the bottom of my right foot. But it was a great trail and it amazed both of us that I had no issues with the climb itself. I can really see how all the time at the gym has paid off in a year. I look forward to hiking all the way to the top next time, while wearing the right shoes.  Little hikes like this one makes me understand how blessed we are in Salt Lake to live 10 to 15 minutes from the mountain trails and camping.




No comments:

Post a Comment