Friday, January 18, 2008

Horrible..Horrible me

Okay, Christmas has come and gone, I haven't posted in forever. I am horrible about posting. One of the reasons is that I hate our home pc. It is over six years old, it resides on the 2nd floor where we never are. It is time for a new computer but unfortunately that comes after all the dental work that needs to be done this year. Not looking forward too much about that other than the end result ~ a beautiful smile.

I have done some knitting but no pictures. I have got to get better about that. We did get a new printer so Mr80grit is excited about that and may help me take more pictures. We will see.

Currently I am knitting socks for our interim pastor. He is a riot and we will miss him dearly when our new pastor arrives on February 17th. Mr80grit pick the yarn and it took me about 10 days to figure out what pattern I was going to do. I tested toe up socks, they drove me crazy. I defaulted to my favorite 3X1 ribbed socks that I first learned. It took four days for the 1st sock and yesterday I casted on the 2nd sock. Men's feet are sooo big. But they will be done soon.

On another note, my brother has left today to move to Oklahoma for a job. Mrharley dude is back to being MrNeverHome. I will miss him but he is good at texting. He is excited to be leaving the cold temperatures and the snow. But I will miss him dreadfully. He has spend most of his life since High School graduation out on the road and I have enjoyed having him home for the last few years.

I shouldn't burn myself out with the first post of 2008.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your brother makes me laugh. Does he realize that Oklahoma gets a lot of snow and ice?? Hopefully he brought a jacket anyway. Its nice to see you around. I can't wait to see some knitting so you have to post some!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey good to hear from you. Yes he knows but he understands that is not the rockies so it doesn't stay like it does here. Plus we have been getting about two storms a week all with snow. Most people here are getting sick of the snow. I love it still. Zeneedle has some great pictures of our mountains. I will sit down later this weekend and add pictures to the blog.

    ReplyDelete