Monday, November 18, 2013

Weekend Challenge

So it all started Friday night while running errands before dinner. Hubby was reliving his work day and he mentioned his boss ask a "newbie" knitter on his team if she could knit up some fingerless gloves/mittens for a gift to the new team leader coming from Arizona on Monday. She said if she had six months she could. I made the comment that I could do it this weekend. I knew what pattern I would use and what yarn as long as his boss paid for the yarn.  A quick text message conversation and it was game on. 

So we got up early on Saturday morning and headed to my local knit shop to pick up yarn.  While picking out yarn, I got an early Christmas present as I saw my friend in a knitting class there, learning to knit so she can make me something.  That is so awesome! So by 12 pm I was home and picked up my needles.

It took a couple of false starts, I got knitting away for about 8 hours.  I watched a lot of TV, including a few Christmas movies on Lifetime and Hallmark channels. I ended the night with one and half mitts completed.
Okay, this is a really bad photo but this is where I ended Saturday night. I didn't realize that I tensed up my right shoulder while I knitted these on Saturday that I didn't sleep that well but I got enough sleep to wake up by 10 am on Sunday and start to finish them.  It took a long time to relax and get knitting to finish up by noon so that I could get them into a bath and blocking so they would be dry by nighttime.
By afternoon they were done and I got my reward. Movie at the Theater.  Thor!!! Overall it was a good weekend, and with a little rest I am hoping that my shoulder will relax and I can finish my Christmas knitting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment