Monday, September 30, 2013

The Weekend

While I feel I should have a ton of photos of awesome things I did over this weekend.  I really don't.  I have been struggling with a cold and allergies for over a week and this weekend it hit me hard. Saturday I took it easy in the morning with Preston spoiling me by get me a coffee from our favorite place and then he took me to lunch. Chik a fil has gluten free grilled nuggets - they were so tasty. He drove me to two knitting stores which I love both of the stores for different reasons. We even sneaked a visit with my parents at their house. I got to see my brother MrHarleyDude.  I will be making him a pirate (skull and crossbones) hat for Christmas.  We finished up the evening with flank steak on the grill.  I was exhausted and finished the evening reading.

Sunday dawned with an incredible headache for me, sinus and migraine and nothing I did helped it.  As now I am on medication that doesn't allow me to take Advil or aspirin it  really limits what helps.  So I stayed home from church and watched football and knitted. I finished sock #1 on Emerald City and by bed time I cast on sock #2.  This time I made sure to cast on enough stitches so I don't have to knit this sock twice.

Preston made an wonderful dinner of Hot Italian sausage and spaghetti squash. He added grilled red peppers and Parmesan cheese. So delicious and so yummy. When I am sick nothing sounds good but this hit all the right notes. I am looking forward to leftovers tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment