Monday, July 9, 2012

Weekend Knitting Update


I worked on a shawl this weekend that had been dogging me and a fellow knitter. She works two doors down from me at the office.  The pattern is Oaklet Shawl and the yarn is Schoppel-Wolle Crazy Zauberball.  I don't know the colorway as I lost the ball band.  I really like the color repeats in the yarn.  I finished with a lot less than the shawl before.  The edging/border was a little tricky as I think i did some crazy knitting but I was too tired to go back and fix it so I just made adjustments to the pattern. I can't wait to block it and see how it looks.

Maybe after the soaking and blocking, I can convince the rest of the usual suspects to take a picnic up the canyon and take some pictures.  I have two other shawls that I need to block and get good pictures.

I have the seaming on the baby surprise jacket to do and need to find some pink buttons.  I have another project that I am working on that are baby boot booties.  They are interesting and should turn out very cute.  I am making them for a friend's granddaughter. I should have her measure the baby's feet while she is visiting this weekend.  

My goal for the future is to give more information on my knitting projects as I realize not everyone who reads my blog is on ravelry or on facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment