Sunday, April 3, 2011

Snowy Sunday

Well after two days of spring, where the temperatures were in the 70's. We woke up to 4 inches of snow and more coming.  As this is typical of April in Utah, there was no panic, but I did feel the need for coffee several times today.  For once I took no pictures of the snow as I am so ready for spring.

We spent the day at my parents home, just relaxing and enjoying each others company. Which considering how much time we have spent together in the last four weeks, it was amazing we had any thing to talk about at all. We ate food together both lunch and dinner with a few snacks thrown in. Plus I did some knitting.  This is how the sock project started this afternoon.

As you can see I was middle way through the foot.  While watching whatever Dad and hubby chose to watch I was able to finish sock #1 and cast on sock #2. I am really enjoying the pattern and the yarn.

The heel is not one I usually do and when I knit this pattern again, I will do my normal heel as it seems to fit me better. However, this sock does fit really nice and can't wait until next fall to wear them. Mom has ask for a pair herself as she likes the texture and the fit.

Well it is time to finish the weekend with a little relaxing that doesn't including knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment