Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Ten On Tuesday

Carole asked us to list 10 Books That Have Stayed With You Long After You've Read Them. So, in no particular order:

1. Stand Fast and Reply - Lavina Davis, this was a book that my mom shared with me from her teen years.

2. Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck, I read it in High School, my family is from the panhandle of Oklahoma and during the depression some went to California

3. Follow my leader - James B Garfield, Robert Greiner - another book from my childhood that has stuck with me.

4. The Whole collection of Harry Potter.   by JK Rowling. They are my comfort read. I can re -read them over and over again. My sister in law gave me the first book as a Christmas present one year and I got hooked. Ironically she nor her kids have read them.

5.  The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie King. My father in law purchased this book and several others by this author when I had open heart surgery in 1999. While it took me a little while to get my focus back after surgery to read, this is the first book I read. I have continued to enjoy the series.  My father in law passed away in 2000 but these books that I read again and again keep our connection alive.

6. Executive Orders by Tom Clancy
7. The Thorn Birds by Colleen McCullough
8. Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
9. The Stand by Stephen King
10. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


1 comment:

  1. I loved Follow My Leader! I think I have it around here somewhere. I may have to see if I can find it and read it again. If not, it's on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete