Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Vacation Recap

Wow, what a great time we had last week in Denver, Colorado. That is the longest road trip I have taken in years.  I forgot how much knitting time that it gives you. I am ready to go again.  I really enjoyed visiting with family and old friends. I was able to reconnect with a BFF from college. 

First I have a picture of the pair of socks that I finish a few days before my trip, they are the Traveling Socks -Easter edition.


Then I was able to complete my pink BFF socks on the trip home and had to pull out my shawl (no pictures yet) with about 3 hours of drive time left.


While in Denver, I hit 3 yarn stores.  They were very unique and different. The first one I only got needles as I do the magic loop method and the needles I was knitting the pink socks on were 32" inches instead of the normal 40" inches.  I was so glad to change those out. 

On Thursday we went to Parker, Colorado for the 2nd knitting shop. It was great, the owner was very friendly and helpful.  I look forward to going back there next time. I picked up beautiful sock yarn and the owner gave my hubby the sticker as he is a Doctor Who fan.


On Friday, we went to the local mall and did the tourist type shopping with a hoodie for me and then we hit the container store. That was a lot of fun.



On Saturday, we headed out to Lakewood, Colorado for the 3rd yarn store and felt right at home. The Recycled Sheep was so warm and friendly. I got two skeins of sock yarn and a great new coffee mug.

We headed back to Utah on Sunday and the miles flew by on my knitting needles. We are already trying to figure out when we can go back.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you got a lot done and had a good time at yarn shops. My daughter lives in Fort Collins and I was just there in June. They have two really fun yarn shops.

    ReplyDelete