Friday, January 26, 2018

Wow a long time since my last post

I did not realize that it has been that long since I made a post on my blog. I have been quite well just very busy with work and knitting etc. I knitted my first sweater for myself this year and I love wearing it.
It is the sunset highway sweater, it is knit from the top down. I found the yarn when we went to Seattle for a belated anniversary trip in November. We made it to a few yarn shops but the one I was desperate to visit was Maker's Mercantile. I found this wonderful yarn that is a wool and linen blend. It is fingering weight and so soft. The sweater is perfect, not too warm and not to 'cool'. After the first day wearing it, I came home and cast on a Wallaby that I have had the yarn for maybe five + years. I know that it will be slow going but it will be worth it. I started with the sleeves first.
  
It is my end of day, knitting in bed project.

No comments:

Post a Comment